Friday, August 17, 2012

Beef Fillet Quesadillas


Let me just start with saying that my household tends to go towards chicken as the main ingredient for most dishes. Since we have moved to a small town there is a meat market that I get all of our meat from. They have fantastic steak cuts, chicken breasts, sausage, fish, pretty much anything you can think of.  I got a Beef fillet and have had it in the freezer with the intent on trying something asian..some kind of stir-fry or Fusion taco. Well I wanted to make something with it tonight but it seemed like I didn't have all the ingredients to any of the recipes I looked up. One thing I usually always have on hand is Tortillas. I always tell everyone that I think I have some sort of spanish ancestry because I am always making some kind of mexican/spanish dish.  (I would have to look wayyyy far back since I am on the pale side. :)

So here is the ingredients:  (these are the ingredients I had on hand-feel free to add or take away)

1Beef fillet
1 Bell pepper
1 Small Sweet Onion
Gouda Cheese
4-5 Sprigs of Cilantro
2 Small Sweet Peppers
Tortillas
Seasoning for your meat

This makes enough for 2-3 people

Ingredients




I use a Cast Iron Skillet. I Love it! It cooks meat so well.  I used a little EVOO and then added the seasonings to the skillet with the chopped Bell pepper & Onion.  Then I cut the fillet and added it to the skillet.
The seasonings I used: Pepper, salt, bbq spice rub, garlic salt 


Depending on how well you want the steak depends on the time. I like mine with just a little pink. It only took 5-8 minutes with flipping the pieces over for it to be done.  I went ahead and prepared the tortillas.  

cilantro, chopped sweet pepper, gouda cheese




With the bell pepper, onion & beef

Add and distribute it to the tortillas to put together the quesadillas. I just rinsed and wiped out the skillet and used it for the tortillas. I sprayed it lightly with non-stick spray and lightly browned the quesadilla on both sides. I had some homemade salsa left from a previous meal and it was delicious.  I kind of wished I had avocado and sour cream for this too. Next time. 







No comments:

Post a Comment